I've always been fascinated by artistic productivity. What makes the difference between the prolific artist, filmmaker or writer and the rest of us?
Eric Maisel has written a book "Coaching The Artist Within," that identifies 12 skills a creative person can learn to "develop the habits that make creating a daily routine."
The skills as explained in "Coaching the Artist Within" are:
2. Finding and nurturing your passion.
3. Getting a grip on your mind.
4. Embracing dualistic thinking.
5. Generating mental energy.
6. Creating in the middle of things
7. Achieving a centered presence.
8. Committing to a goal oriented process.
9. Managing anxiety.
10. Planning and doing.
11. Reality testing.
12. Maintaining a creative life.