There is a deep need for hands-on courses for filmmakers, artists, and creative workers of all kinds in how to find and collaborate with their niche audiences via the Internet.
This skill is not easy to learn. It may take hands-on experience under a teacher or mentor.
I think a "course" of learning for a filmmaker, writer, artist or creative worker might look something like this.
- Find and test an idea (Are you passionate about it? Really? Is it worth doing?)
- Define how you will express the idea: will it be a book, film, or artwork of some other kind?
- Define the exchange, how your audience will benefit or be enriched from your work
- Define your audience(s) and where they hang out
- Create reliable low-cost ways to reach your audience(s) using the Internet and digital media
- Develop relationships with a tribe of people within the audience(s)
- Raise funds from the tribe (via crowd funding)
- Deliver the book, film, or other creative work to the tribe
- Repeat several times and develop a following.