Wednesday, February 3, 2010

gettting 3gp file on the web

Q. I want to send a short video to someone. What's best way to go about it?
A. Put it on youtube and send them a link.

Q. I don't want to use youtube.
A. OK, then put it on your blog and send a link.

Q. Why don't I just send them the file?
A. You could, but there are a few problems going that route. One is that video files are big. Another is that the person receiving the file has to have the software to play the file. It's a lot easier if you can just put the video online somewhere and send them a link.

Q. What if I try to upload the 3gp (third generation phone) file directly to my blog?
A. If you are using Blogger, it won't work. Blogger wants AVI, MPEG, QuickTime, Real, or Windows Media, with a maximum size of 100 MB.

Q. What do I do?
A. Convert the file to AVI, MPEG, or Quicktime using a file converter like MyVideoConverter.

Q. OK. I've installed MyVideoConverter. Now what?
A. Convert the file to AVI.

Q. OK, I've converted the file to AVI, and now I'm linking to it from my blog. Hah! It looks like the avi is uploading to my blog. It's taking a while.
A. I think you're there. Wait until the upload is finished, then click play.



Q. It works!
A. Cool.

No comments: