Amazon just announced that authors can upload video to their Amazon Author Page. Here's a sample from writer Maria Murnane.
After shooting a test, and watching several successful YouTube videos, I have a few thoughts on the process:
1. Find a talented amateur or a professional to shoot your video. (Don't try to shoot your own.)
2. Ask your camera person to shoot hand-held.
3. Make sure your video has *really* good sound quality.
4. Don't make the video too polished. Go for an informal "home-video" look.
5. Two to three minutes, max.